About this book
It is very unlikely that little green humanoids are living on Mars. But what are the possible life forms that might exist in our Solar System and how might they have evolved?
This uniquely authoritative and imaginative book on the possibilties for alien life addresses the intrinsic interest that we have about life on other worlds - reinforcing some of our assumptions and reshaping others. It introduces new possibilties that will enlarge our understanding of the issue overall, in particular the enormous range of environments and planetary conditions within which life might evolve.
-discusses a broad range of possible environments where alien life might have evolved;
-explains why carbon-based, water-borne life is more likely that its alternatives, but is not the only possiblity;
-applies the principles of planetary science and modern biology to evolutionary scenarios on other worlds;
-looks at the future fates of living systems, including those on Earth.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-1647-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Praxis, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-1646-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-1647-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site