About this book
Reviews in Fluorescence 2008, the fifth volume of the book serial from Springer, serves as a comprehensive collection of current trends and emerging hot topics in the field of fluorescence spectroscopy. It summarizes the year’s progress in fluorescence and its applications, with authoritative analytical reviews specialized enough to be attractive to professional researchers, yet also appealing to the wider audience of scientists in related disciplines of fluorescence.
Reviews in Fluorescence offers an essential reference material for any lab working in the fluorescence field and related areas. All academics, bench scientists, and industry professionals wishing to take advantage of the latest and greatest in the continuously emerging field of fluorescence will find it an invaluable resource.
- Comprehensive coverage of the year's hottest and emerging topics.
- Chapters authored by known leading figures in the fluorescence field.
- Accessible utility in a single volume reference.
- New volume publishes annually
- Each Reviews in Fluorescence volume will be citable (ISI) and indexed.
Reviews in Fluorescence 2008 topics include:
- Imaging Protein Interactions in Living Cells using the Fluorescent Proteins.
- Engineering Green Fluorescent Proteins Using an Expanded Genetic Code.
- The use of Fluorescence Anisotropy to Study the Preferential Orientation of Fluorophores in Organized Bi-Dimensional Systems.
- Fluorescence Imaging of Calcium Loading and Mitochondrial Depolarization in Cancer Cells Exposed to Heat Stress.
- Energy Transfer in Silica Nanoparticles: An Essential Tool for the Amplification Fluorescence Signals.
- Genetically Encoded Fluorescent and Bioluminescent Probes for Illuminating Cellular Signaling Pathways.
- Fluorescent Protein FRET Applications.
About the Editor:
Dr Chris D. Geddes, Ph.D., Professor, has extensive experience in fluorescence spectroscopy, particularly in fluorescence sensing and metal-fluorophore interactions (Metal-Enhanced Fluorescence), publishing over 190 papers and 18 books. Dr Geddes is internationally known in fluorescence for his scholarly publications and for the development of fluorescence-based plasmonics. He is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Fluorescence and founding editor of the Who’s Who in Fluorescence and Annual Reviews in Fluorescence volumes. In addition, due to the labs pioneering efforts in the fields of metallic nanoparticle-fluorophore interactions, Dr Geddes launched the Springer Journal "Plasmonics" in 2005. Dr Geddes is Director of the Institute of Fluorescence at the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute which focuses on the nano-bio-technological applications of fluorescence. Dr Geddes frequently chairs NIH study sections, is a frequent member of the NIBIB special emphasis sensing panels and is currently a permanent member of the NIH EBT study section.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-1260-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-0828-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-1260-2
- Series Print ISSN 1573-8086
- Buy this book on publisher's site