About this book
Networking is one of the core tasks of enterprise-level programming, and this book covers key concepts, like network programming in .NET with C#, and building network-based applications in .NET. You will gain confidence to use the classes shipped with .NET, and eventually implement your own application-level protocols.
The text first overviews important background material, like physical network architecture, network protocols, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, streams in .NET, and stream access. Also covered in detail: socket programming complete with introduction, and descriptions for use in .NET.
Finally, the book explores Internet programming, with a look at HTTP—the underlying protocol of e-mail and Internet. By the end of the book, you will also have learned to secure network communications in .NET.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0660-6
- Copyright Information Christian Nagel, Ajit Mungale, Vinod Kumar, Nauman Laghari, Andrew Krowczyk, Tim Parker, Srinivasa Sivakumar, and Alexandru Serban 2004
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-345-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0660-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site