Table of contents
About this book
Sustainability requires companies to develop in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner. Corporate sustainable development in turn requires movement towards cleaner production. In order to recognize the potential from cleaner production – reduced costs and fewer environmental impacts through the reduced use of materials – environmental management accounting (EMA) is a necessary information management tool.
Environmental Management Accounting for Cleaner Production reveals a set of tools for companies to collect, evaluate and interpret the information they need to estimate their potential to use cleaner production to realize cost savings and to make the best decisions about the available cleaner production options. EMA is therefore the key for driving environmental progress, cost savings, increased competitiveness and corporate sustainability through the means of cleaner production.
This is the fifth in a series of books publishing the best independently peer-reviewed, high quality scientific contributions on EMA from the Environmental and Sustainability Management Accounting Network (EMAN).
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8913-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8912-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8913-8
- Series Print ISSN 1389-6970
- Buy this book on publisher's site