Table of contents
Design Cognition – 1
Sketching, Diagrams and Visualization
About these proceedings
This is the third volume of the new conference series Design Computing and Cognition (DCC) that takes over from and subsumes the successful series Artificial Intelligence in Design (AID) published by Kluwer (now Springer) since 1992. The AID volumes have become standard reference texts for the field. It is expected that the DCC volumes will perform the same role. Design Computing and Cognition’04 and Design Computing and Cognition’06 both edited by John S Gero, were published by Springer.
This new biennial conference series provides an international forum for the presentation and discussion of state-of-the-art and cutting-edge design research. The conference proceedings will form a continuing archive of design computing and cognition research.
Design is a fundamentally important topic in disciplines ranging from the more commonly associated fields of architecture and engineering to emerging areas in the social sciences and life sciences. Design is the key to economic competitiveness and the fundamental precursor to objects - both physical and virtual - and services.
The conference theme of design computing and cognition recognizes not only the essential relationship between human cognitive processes as models of computation but also how models of computation inspire conceptual realizations of human cognition.
A CD-rom is included.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Design Computing and Cognition '08
- Book Subtitle Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Design Computing and Cognition
John S. Gero
Ashok K. Goel
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8728-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-8727-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-94-017-8257-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4020-8728-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 736
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design
- Buy this book on publisher's site