About this book
This book is concerned with the realignment of progressive political forces in Britain. It focuses on the relationship between the Liberal and then Liberal Democrats and the Labour parties, and seeks to provide an understanding of the factors which have created the potential for the realignment of the centre left of the political spectrum and the forces which have historically impeded its attainment. This authoritative account of the British left and centre since the nineteenth century offers essential background for current politics.
cooperation development politics
- Book Title Realignment of the Left?
- Book Subtitle A History of the Relationship between the Liberal Democrat and Labour Parties
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-14353-5
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1999
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-333-68296-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-14355-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-349-14353-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 346
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site