About this book
This book, one of the first on G2 manifolds in decades, collects introductory lectures and survey articles largely based on talks given at a workshop held at the Fields Institute in August 2017, as part of the major thematic program on geometric analysis. It provides an accessible introduction to various aspects of the geometry of G2 manifolds, including the construction of examples, as well as the intimate relations with calibrated geometry, Yang-Mills gauge theory, and geometric flows. It also features the inclusion of a survey on the new topological and analytic invariants of G2 manifolds that have been recently discovered.
The first half of the book, consisting of several introductory lectures, is aimed at experienced graduate students or early career researchers in geometry and topology who wish to familiarize themselves with this burgeoning field. The second half, consisting of numerous survey articles, is intended to be useful to both beginners and experts in the field.
minimal submanifolds special Lagrangians Cayley submanifolds Riemannian holonomy Calabi-Yau manifolds normed division algebras geometric flows torsion forms hyperkahler metrics Dolbeault cohomologies Frolicher-Nijenhuis bracket solitons Einstein metric Ricci soliton Laplacian flow
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-0577-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0576-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0577-6
- Series Print ISSN 1069-5265
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1564
- Buy this book on publisher's site