About this book
This volume details comprehensive state-of-the-art methods on actin microfilaments and microtubules and how they work to achieve different cellular functions in different cellular contexts. Chapters guide readers through protein purification, in vitro reconstitution of several cytoskeleton properties, analyses of microtubule- and actin-based structures, functional dissection of post-translational modifications, and roles in several biological processes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Cytoskeleton Dynamics: Methods and Protocols aims to provide a wide range of experimental approaches and be an invaluable resource for present and future generations of cytoskeleton researchers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-0219-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0218-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0219-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site