About this book
This volume details commonly used molecular and cellular techniques and specialized methodologies for studying retina neuronal subtypes and electrophysiology. Chapters describe techniques for anatomical studies of retinal ganglion cell morphology, gap-junction-mediated neuronal connection, multi-electrode array recording on mouse retinas, and paired recording to study the electrical coupling between photoreceptors. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Retinal Development: Methods and Protocols aims to provide readers with a set of practical experimental tools to study retinal development, regeneration, and function of mature retinal neurons. Many of the protocols and strategies described in one organism can be easily adapted to applications in different model systems.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-0175-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0174-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0175-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site