About this book
Unmanned Rotorcraft Systems explores the research and development of fully-functional miniature rotorcraft unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and provides a complete treatment of their design. The unmanned system is an integration of advanced technologies developed in communications, computing, and control areas. It is a useful testing ground for trialing and implementing modern control techniques despite the challenges introduced by the limitations on direct scalability between the systems of a small-scale rotorcraft and those of its full-scale counterpart. Included are detailed expositions of:
- systematic hardware construction;
- software systems integration;
- aerodynamic modeling; and
- automatic flight control system design.
Emphasis is placed on the cooperative control and flight formation of multiple UAVs, vision-based ground-target tracking, and landing on moving platforms. Other issues such as the development of indoor micro aerial vehicles (that have to operate without access to a global positioning system) and vision-based navigation are also discussed in depth. The text is rounded out with a presentation of possible future research directions for relevant fields of study.
Unmanned Rotorcraft Systems will be of great value to practicing engineers in aerospace-related industries and to academic researchers from aerospace, electrical or mechanical engineering backgrounds working on the development of unmanned systems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-85729-635-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-85729-634-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-85729-635-1
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9491
- Series Online ISSN 2193-1577
- Buy this book on publisher's site