About this book
Limit theorems for stochastic processes are an important part of probability theory and mathematical statistics and one model that has attracted the attention of many researchers working in the area is that of limit theorems for randomly stopped stochastic processes.
This volume is the first to present a state-of-the-art overview of this field, with many of the results published for the first time. It covers the general conditions as well as the basic applications of the theory, and it covers and demystifies the vast, and technically demanding, Russian literature in detail. A survey of the literature and an extended bibliography of works in the area are also provided.
The coverage is thorough, streamlined and arranged according to difficulty for use as an upper-level text if required. It is an essential reference for theoretical and applied researchers in the fields of probability and statistics that will contribute to the continuing extensive studies in the area and remain relevant for years to come.
- Book Title Limit Theorems for Randomly Stopped Stochastic Processes
- Series Title Probability and its Applications
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-85729-390-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-85233-777-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-1051-4
- eBook ISBN 978-0-85729-390-9
- Series ISSN 1431-7028
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 398
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site