About this book
Adaptive Control provides techniques for automatic, real-time adjustments in controller parameters with a view to achieving and/or maintaining a desirable level of system performance in the presence of unknown or variable process parameters.
Many aspects of the field are dealt with in coherent and orderly fashion, starting with the problems posed by system uncertainties and moving on to the presentation of solutions and their practical significance. Within the general context of recent developments, the book looks at:
• synthesis and analysis of parameter adaptation algorithms;
• recursive plant-model identification in open and closed loop;
• robust digital control for adaptive control;
• direct and indirect adaptive control; and
• practical aspects and applications.
To reflect the importance of digital computers for the application of adaptive control techniques, discrete-time aspects are emphasized. To guide the reader, the book contains various applications of adaptive control techniques.