Table of contents
About this book
A Marcus Wallenberg Symposium on Perspectives in Analysis, Geometry, and Topology was held at Stockholm University in May 2008. The choice of subjects of the Symposium and present volume was motivated by the work and mathematical interests of Oleg Viro to whom the Symposium and this volume are dedicated. As a professor of Uppsala University, Viro has made invaluable contributions to Swedish research by complementing the country's longstanding tradition in analysis with his own renowned expertise in geometry and topology.
Consolidating in a single volume a major portion of the recent, impressive encounters among the fields of analysis, geometry, and topology would be too ambitious. The collection of papers in this work still should give some sense of the development of the fields and their interactions. The topics presented by leading experts in their respective fields include: algebraic geometry, in particular, real algebraic geometry, differential geometry, symplectic and contact geometry, complex analysis, three- and four-dimensional manifolds, and invariants of links.
Also included in the book is the opening speech of the Symposium by Lennart Carleson on the Unity of Mathematics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-8277-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-8276-7
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-8277-4
- Series Print ISSN 0743-1643
- Series Online ISSN 2296-505X
- Buy this book on publisher's site