About this book
Fourier analysis has been the inspiration for a technological wave of advances in fields such as imaging processing, financial modeling, cryptography, algorithms, and sequence design. This self-contained book provides a thorough look at the Fourier transform, one of the most useful tools in applied mathematics.
With countless examples and unique exercise sets at the end of most sections, Fourier Analysis on Finite Abelian Groups is a perfect companion for a first course in Fourier analysis. The first two chapters provide fundamental material for a strong foundation to deal with subsequent chapters.
Special topics covered include:
* Computing eigenvalues of the Fourier transform
* Applications to Banach algebras
* Tensor decompositions of the Fourier transform
* Quadratic Gaussian sums
This book provides a useful introduction for well-prepared undergraduate and graduate students and powerful applications that may appeal to researchers and mathematicians. The only prerequisites are courses in group theory and linear algebra.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-4916-6
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2009
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-4915-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-4916-6
- Series Print ISSN 2296-5009
- Series Online ISSN 2296-5017
- Buy this book on publisher's site