Table of contents
About this book
This collection of invited expository articles focuses on recent developments and trends in infinite-dimensional Lie theory, which has become one of the core areas of modern mathematics. The book is divided into three parts: infinite-dimensional Lie (super-)algebras, geometry of infinite-dimensional Lie (transformation) groups, and representation theory of infinite-dimensional Lie groups.
Part (A) is mainly concerned with the structure and representation theory of infinite-dimensional Lie algebras and contains articles on the structure of direct-limit Lie algebras, extended affine Lie algebras and loop algebras, as well as representations of loop algebras and Kac–Moody superalgebras.
The articles in Part (B) examine connections between infinite-dimensional Lie theory and geometry. The topics range from infinite-dimensional groups acting on fiber bundles, corresponding characteristic classes and gerbes, to Jordan-theoretic geometries and new results on direct-limit groups.
The analytic representation theory of infinite-dimensional Lie groups is still very much underdeveloped. The articles in Part (C) develop new, promising methods based on heat kernels, multiplicity freeness, Banach–Lie–Poisson spaces, and infinite-dimensional generalizations of reductive Lie groups.
Contributors: B. Allison, D. Beltiţă, W. Bertram, J. Faulkner, Ph. Gille, H. Glöckner, K.-H. Neeb, E. Neher, I. Penkov, A. Pianzola, D. Pickrell, T.S. Ratiu, N.R. Scheithauer, C. Schweigert, V. Serganova, K. Styrkas, K. Waldorf, and J.A. Wolf.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Developments and Trends in Infinite-Dimensional Lie Theory
- Series Title Progress in Mathematics
- Series Abbreviated Title Progress in Mathematics(Birkhäuser)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-4741-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-8176-4740-7
- eBook ISBN 978-0-8176-4741-4
- Series ISSN 0743-1643
- Series E-ISSN 2296-505X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 492
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Topological Groups, Lie Groups
Group Theory and Generalizations
- Buy this book on publisher's site