Table of contents
About this book
Advances in Discrete Tomography and Its Applications is a unified presentation of new methods, algorithms, and select applications that are the foundations of multidimensional image reconstruction by discrete tomographic methods. The self-contained chapters, written by leading mathematicians, engineers, and computer scientists, present cutting-edge research and results in the field.
Three main areas are covered: foundations, algorithms, and practical applications. Following an introduction that reports the recent literature of the field, the book explores various mathematical and computational problems of discrete tomography including new applications.
Topics and Features:
* introduction to discrete point X-rays
* uniqueness and additivity in discrete tomography
* network flow algorithms for discrete tomography
* convex programming and variational methods
* applications to electron microscopy, materials science, nondestructive testing, and diagnostic medicine
Professionals, researchers, practitioners, and students in mathematics, computer imaging, biomedical imaging, computer science, and image processing will find the book to be a useful guide and reference to state-of-the-art research, methods, and applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-8176-4543-4
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2007
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-0-8176-3614-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-8176-4543-4
- Series Print ISSN 2296-5009
- Series Online ISSN 2296-5017
- Buy this book on publisher's site