About this book
This edited volume, dedicated to Henry P. Wynn, reflects his broad range of research interests, focusing in particular on the applications of optimal design theory in optimization and statistics. It covers algorithms for constructing optimal experimental designs, general gradient-type algorithms for convex optimization, majorization and stochastic ordering, algebraic statistics, Bayesian networks and nonlinear regression. Written by leading specialists in the field, each chapter contains a survey of the existing literature along with substantial new material.
This work will appeal to both the specialist and the non-expert in the areas covered. By attracting the attention of experts in optimization to important interconnected areas, it should help stimulate further research with a potential impact on applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-79936-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-79935-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-79936-0
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828