About this book
The search for life outside the Earth has been one of mankind's most challenging quests. We have reached a level of technology that allows for initial steps toward thorough scientific investigation. The aim of this workshop was to take an interdisciplinary look at the signatures that would be indicative of past or present life on another planet and compare them to biosignatures on Earth.
The purpose of the workshop was also to discuss state-of-the-art in-situ instruments that are envisioned to search for these signatures in the exploration of the solar system, as well as the discussion of concepts descriptive of the search for habitable planets around other stars.
This book is intended to provide a reference to scientists and instrument developers working in the field of in-situ and remote life detection. It can also be used as an interdisciplinary introduction for students and post-doctoral researchers entering this new and exciting field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-77516-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, BV 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-77515-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-77516-6
- Series Print ISSN 1385-7525
- Buy this book on publisher's site