About this book
Financial globalization has increased the significance of methods used in the evaluation of country risk, one of the major research topics in economics and finance. Written by experts in the fields of multicriteria methodology, credit risk assessment, operations research, and financial management, this book develops a comprehensive framework for evaluating models based on several classification techniques that emerge from different theoretical directions. This book compares different statistical and data mining techniques, noting the advantages of each method, and introduces new multicriteria methodologies that are important to country risk modeling.
Key topics include:
- A review of country risk definitions and an overview of the most recent tools in country risk management
In-depth analysis of statistical, econometric and non-parametric classification techniquesSeveral real-world applications of the methodologies described throughout the text
- Future research directions for country risk assessment problems
This work is a useful toolkit for economists, financial managers, bank managers, operations researchers, management scientists, and risk analysts. Moreover, the book can also be used as a supplementary text for graduate courses in finance and financial risk management.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-76680-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-76679-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-76680-5
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site