About these proceedings
Food Engineering: Integrated Approaches presents an up-to-date review of important food engineering concepts, issues and recent advances in the field. Distinguished food engineers and food scientists from key institutions worldwide have contributed chapters that provide a deep analysis of their particular subjects. At the same time, each topic is framed within the context of a broader more integrated approach, demonstrating its relationship and interconnectedness to other areas. The premise of this work, therefore, is to offer both a comprehensive understanding of food engineering as a whole and a thorough knowledge of individual subjects. This approach appropriately conveys the basic fundamentals, state-of-the-art technology, and applications of the involved disciplines, and further encourages scientific collaboration among researchers.
This book is mainly directed to academics, and to undergraduate and postgraduate students in food engineering, food science and food technology. Scholars will find a selection of innovative topics ranging from bubbles in food and transport phenomena in food systems to practical food processing applications at the industrial level. Professionals working in food research centers and food industries may also find this book useful.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-75430-7
- Copyright Information Springer New York 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-75429-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-75430-7
- Series Print ISSN 1571-0297
- Buy this book on publisher's site