Table of contents
About this book
International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions
Ingrid Söderback, Uppsala Universitet, Uppsala and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Resources for rehabilitation specialists tend to follow a straight line: injury—disability—limitation—intervention. The International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions breaks with this tradition, organized by type of intervention based on recommendations in the International Classification of Functioning and organized according to the occupational therapist's expert roles as manager for adaptation, teacher for learning occupations, enabler for recovery and promotor of health and wellness. This innovative, user-friendly system identifies candidates for particular interventions in terms of the range of syndromes and illnesses they are applicable to, encouraging critical thinking, problem solving, and best evidenced practice. The book’s wide spectrum of interventions coupled with its international perspective creates a unique source of evidence-based strategies for improving patient adaptation, functioning, and recovery.
- Describes interventions in such areas as environmental accessibility, ergonomics, pain management, sensory functional training, electric prostheses, music therapy, psychoeducation, and cognitive teaching.
- Features interventions suited to all areas of daily life: home, work, and leisure.
- Clarifies the occupational therapist’s/physiotherapist’s role in multidisciplinary care.
- Includes material on accident/illness prevention and health promotion strategies.
- Supplies reference lists of studies regarding the clinical efficacy of interventions.
- Demonstrates the use of a common technical language for the field.
Occupational and physical therapists, physicians, experts in rehabilitation, and health psychologists, will find the International Handbook of Occupational Therapeutic Interventions a source of practice-enhancing tools and ideas. Its clarity of presentation makes it highly useful to readers in related fields (such as insurance case workers and ergonomic architects and engineers) as well.
- Book Title International Handbook of Occupational Therapy Interventions
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-75424-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-75423-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-6739-8
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-75424-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 554
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site