About this book
Instability in Models Connected with Fluid Flows II presents chapters from world renowned specialists. The stability of mathematical models simulating physical processes is discussed in topics on control theory, first order linear and nonlinear equations, water waves, free boundary problems, large time asymptotics of solutions, stochastic equations, Euler equations, Navier-Stokes equations, and other PDEs of fluid mechanics.
Fields covered include: the free surface Euler (or water-wave) equations, the Cauchy problem for transport equations, irreducible Chapman--Enskog projections and Navier-Stokes approximations, randomly forced PDEs, stability of equilibrium figures of uniformly rotating viscous incompressible liquid, Navier-Stokes equations in cylindrical domains, Navier-Stokes-Poisson flows in a vacuum.
Contributors include: David Lannes (France); Evgenii Panov (Russia); Evgenii Radkevich (Russia); Armen Shirikyan (France); Vsevolod Solonnikov (Italy-Russia); Sergey Zelik (UK); Alexander Zlotnik (Russia)
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-75219-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-75218-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-75219-8
- Series Print ISSN 1571-5485
- Buy this book on publisher's site