About this book
Delay differential equations have numerous applications in science and engineering. This short, expository book offers a stimulating collection of examples of delay differential equations which are in use as models for a variety of phenomena in the life sciences, physics and technology, chemistry and economics. Avoiding mathematical proofs but offering more than one hundred illustrations, this book illustrates how bifurcation and asymptotic techniques can systematically be used to extract analytical information of physical interest.
Applied Delay Differential Equations is a friendly introduction to the fast-growing field of time-delay differential equations. Written to a multi-disciplinary audience, it sets each area of science in his historical context and then guides the reader towards questions of current interest.
Thomas Erneux was a professor in Applied Mathematics at Northwestern University from 1982 to 1993. He then joined the Department of Physics at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-74372-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-74371-4
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-74372-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site