About this book
With the advent of high-throughput technologies, various types of high-dimensional data have been generated in recent years for the understanding of biological processes, especially processes that relate to disease occurrence or management of cancer. Motivated by these important applications in cancer research, there has been a dramatic growth in the development of statistical methodology in the analysis of high-dimensional data, particularly related to regression model selection, estimation and prediction.
High-Dimensional Data Analysis in Cancer Research, edited by Xiaochun Li and Ronghui Xu, is a collective effort to showcase statistical innovations for meeting the challenges and opportunities uniquely presented by the analytical needs of high-dimensional data in cancer research, particularly in genomics and proteomics. All the chapters included in this volume contain interesting case studies to demonstrate the analysis methodology.
High-Dimensional Data Analysis in Cancer Research is an invaluable reference for
researchers, statisticians, bioinformaticians, graduate students and data analysts working in the fields of cancer research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-69765-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-69763-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-69765-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site