About this book
MODERN ASPECTS OF ELECTROCHEMISTRY
Edited by Mordechay Schlesinger
University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Topics in Number 44 include:
- The basic mathematical models which arise in some electrochemical processes in regards to galvanic corrosion phenomena
- Near field transducers and their related applications to nano-chemistry and electrochemistry
- How symmetry considerations play a major role in modern scientific computation
- The methods used in the analysis of electrochemical systems, including computer simulations and quantum and statistical mechanics
- The techniques used to investigate ionic and solvent transfer and transport in electroactive materials
- Monte Carlo simulations of the underpotential deposition of metal layers on metallic substrates
- The range of models applied to localized corrosion processes and a review of recent work on the modeling of pitting corrosion
- Descriptions of the conceptual structure of Density-Functional Theory and its practical applications
- Whether scanning acoustic microscopy can be applied to nano-scaled electrochemically deposited thin film systems
- The processes and equations underlying the modeling of the current distribution in electrochemical cells
From reviews of previous volumes:
"This long-standing series continues its tradition of offering high quality reviews of established and emerging subject areas, together with the less common aspects of electrochemical science … Deserves a place in electrochemistry libraries and should prove useful to electrochemists and related workers."
-Chemistry and Industry
"Continues the valuable service that has been rendered by the Modern Aspects series."
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry
"Will definitely be of much use to researchers in the field of electrochemistry… The editors of this well-produced volume deserve all appreciation for maintaining the excellent standard of the series."
- Bulletin of Electrochemistry
"Extremely well-referenced and very readable … Maintains the overall high standards of the series."
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-49586-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-49584-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-49586-6
- Series Print ISSN 0076-9924
- Buy this book on publisher's site