About this book
Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, 3rd edition, 3rd edition
Joseph R. Lakowicz
The third edition of the established classic text reference, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, will enhance upon the earlier editions' successes. Organized as a textbook for the learning student or the researcher needing to acquire the core competencies, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, 3e will maintain the emphasis on basics, while updating the examples to include recent results from the literature. The third edition also includes new chapters on single molecule detection, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy, novel probes and radiative decay engineering.
This full-color textbook features the following:
- Problem sets following every chapter
- Glossaries of commonly used acronyms and mathematical symbols
- Appendices containing a list of recommended books which expand on various specialized topics
- Sections describing advanced topics will indicate as such, to allow these sections to be skipped in an introductory course, allowing the text to be used for classes of different levels
- Includes CD-ROM of all figures in a low-res format, perfect for use in instruction and presentations
Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy, 3rd edition, is an essential volume for students, researchers, and industry professionals in biophysics, biochemistry, biotechnology, bioengineering, biology and medicine.
About the Author:
Dr. Joseph R. Lakowicz is Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, and Director of the Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy. Dr. Lakowicz has published over 400 scientific articles, has edited numerous books, holds 16 issued patents, and is the author of the widely used text, Principles of Fluorescence Spectroscopy now in its 3rd edition.