Table of contents
About these proceedings
Nonlinear Dynamics in Geosciences is comprised of the proceedings of "20 Years of Nonlinear Dynamics in Geosciences", held June 11-16, 2006 in Rhodes, Greece as part of the Aegean Conferences. The volume brings together the most up-to-date research from the atmospheric sciences, hydrology, geology, and other areas of geosciences, and discusses the advances made in the last two decades and the future directions of nonlinear dynamics. Topics covered include predictability, ensemble prediction, nonlinear prediction, nonlinear time series analysis, low-dimensional chaos, nonlinear modeling, fractals and multifractals, bifurcation, complex networks, self-organized criticality, extreme events, and other aspects of nonlinear science.
About the Editors:
Dr. Anastasios Tsonis is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, WI, USA. Dr. James Elsner is Professor in the Department of Geography at Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-34918-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-34917-6
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-34918-3