Table of contents
About this book
MEMS Vibratory Gyroscopes provides a solid foundation in the theory and fundamental operational principles of micromachined vibratory rate gyroscopes, and introduces structural designs that provide inherent robustness against structural and environmental variations.
In part one, the dynamics of the vibratory gyroscope sensing element is developed, common micro-fabrication processes and methods commonly used in inertial sensor production are summarized, design of mechanical structures for both linear and torsional gyroscopes are presented, and electrical actuation and detection methods are discussed along with details on experimental characterization of MEMS gyroscopes. In part two, design concepts that improve robustness of the micromachined sensing element are introduced, supported by constructive computational examples and experimental results illustrating the material.
MEMS Vibratory Gyroscopes is a must have book for engineers in both industry and academia who specialize in the design and manufacture of gyroscopes. Readers will find:
- A unique balance between theory and practical design issues.
- Comprehensive and detailed information outlining the mathematical models of the mechanical structure and system-level sensor design.
- Solid background Information on mechanical and electrical design, fabrication, packaging, testing and characterization.
About The MEMs Reference Shelf:
"The MEMs Reference Shelf is a series devoted to Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMs) which combine mechanical, electrical, optical, or fluidic elements on a common microfabricated substrate to create sensors, actuators, and microsystems. The series, authored by leading MEMs practitioners, strives to provide a framework where basic principles, known methodologies and new applications are integrated in a coherent and consistent manner."
STEPHEN D. SENTURIA
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Professor of Electrical Engineering, Emeritus
- Book Title MEMS Vibratory Gyroscopes
- Book Subtitle Structural Approaches to Improve Robustness
- Series Title MEMS Reference Shelf
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09536-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-09535-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4419-3489-5
- eBook ISBN 978-0-387-09536-3
- Series ISSN 1936-4407
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 260
- Number of Illustrations 131 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Electronics and Microelectronics, Instrumentation
Circuits and Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“This book reviews the principles of linear and torsional dynamics of vibratory gyroscopes. … The book provides a comprehensive review of the state-of-the-art of MCGs that would undoubtedly be useful for specialist engineers.” (Benu Chatterjee, Materials World, March, 2011)