Table of contents
About this book
Springer Handbook of Enzymes provides data on enzymes sufficiently well characterized. It offers concise and complete descriptions of some 5,000 enzymes and their application areas. Data sheets are arranged in their EC-Number sequence and the volumes themselves are arranged according to enzyme classes.
This new, second edition reflects considerable progress in enzymology: many enzymes are newly classified or reclassified. Each entry is correlated with references and one or more source organisms. New datafields are created: application and engineering (for the properties of enzymes where the sequence has been changed). The total amount of material contained in the Handbook has more than doubled so that the complete second edition consists of 39 volumes as well as a Synonym Index. In addition, starting in 2009, all newly classified enzymes are treated in Supplement Volumes.
Springer Handbook of Enzymes is an ideal source of information for researchers in biochemistry, biotechnology, organic and analytical chemistry, and food sciences, as well as for medicinal applications.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Springer Handbook of Enzymes
- Book Subtitle Class 2 · Transferases III EC 126.96.36.199–188.8.131.52
- Series Title Springer Handbook of Enzymes
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-37717-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-32583-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-43627-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-37717-7
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXIV, 698
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published as volume 11 and 12 in the series:Enzyme Handbook
Veterinary Medicine/Veterinary Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site