About this book
Peijie Wang teaches at the University of Hull Business School. He has taught and held visiting appointments at Southeast University, UMIST, University of Manchester, Manchester Business School, IESEG School of Management, Catholic University of Lille, Cass Business School, City University, University of Bradford and University of Reading. Prof. Wang is author of several books and a regular contributor to journals in the areas of international finance, real estate, finance and economics.
This book presents all major subjects in international monetary theory, foreign exchange markets, international financial management and investment analysis. The book is relevant to real world problems in the sense that it provides guidance on how to solve policy issues as well as practical management tasks. This in turn helps the reader to gain an understanding of the theory and refines the framework.
Subjects covered include:
- foreign exchange markets and foreign exchange rates
- exchange rate regimes and international monetary systems
- international parity conditions
- balance of payments and international investment positions
- open economy macroeconomics
- models of exchange rate determination: the Mundell-Fleming model, the flexible price monetary model, the Dornbusch model, and the real interest rate differential model
- global derivatives markets
- derivative financial instruments for foreign exchange risk management: currency futures, currency options, and currency swaps
- measurement and management of transaction exposure, economic exposure and accounting exposure
- country risk analysis and sovereign risk analysis
- foreign direct investment and international portfolio investment