About this book
This volume describes the state-of-the-art advances regarding antifouling paint biocides and provides thorough evaluation of research and information on major topics such as occurrence and levels, environmental fate, analytical techniques and methods for the monitoring and control, environmental modeling, ecotoxicological effects and risk assessment placing emphasis on the knowledge acquired over the last 10 years. The contamination of the aquatic environment by antifouling compounds has been a topic of increasing importance during the last few years.
The major classes of antifouling active biocides are discussed including the old-fashioned organotin compounds, the modern organic booster biocides and the promising naturally occurring antifoulant products. Therefore, the reader will get a balanced view of this developing field. Chapters were written by leading experts in their field who critically surveyed all the major areas of progress. This volume is an important resource and can constitute a good grounding in the field of antifouling paint biocides.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/11555148
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-31404-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-32844-5
- Series Print ISSN 1433-6863
- Buy this book on publisher's site