Table of contents
About these proceedings
Climate change, non-sustainable land management and the insufficient participation of the local population leads to land degradation problems in parts of the Altai Region, which includes China, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and the Russian Federation.
This book presents important aspects of environmental security and sustainable land use in general and in particular for Central Asia, i.e. the environmental consequences of climate change; sustainable land use and regional development; sustainable development in mountain and steppe regions; beyond borders: Transboundary Biosphere Reserve "Altai" as an approach for regional development; landscape planning as an integrative tool for sustainable development; challenges and threats for environmental stability in Central Asia.
A final recommendation in the area of sustainable development and land use as well as the proceeding efforts towards the establishment of the Transboundary Biosphere Reserve "Altai" and the implementation of landscape planning were set in the book as some of the main results of the meeting.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Environmental Security and Sustainable Land Use - with special reference to Central Asia
- Series Title NATO Security through Science Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-4493-3
- Copyright Information Springer 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-4491-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4020-4492-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4020-4493-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 362
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Landscape/Regional and Urban Planning
- Buy this book on publisher's site