About this book
Metal Catalysed Reactions in Ionic Liquids
by Paul J. Dyson and Tilmann J. Geldbach
Metal Catalysed Reactions in Ionic Liquids is the first non-edited book on the subject of metal catalysed reactions in ionic liquids and covers the literature from its origins until early 2005.
The book begins with a general introduction to the field of biphasic/multiphasic catalysis and describes the synthesis, functionalisation and fundamental properties of ionic liquids relevant to catalysis. In the following chapters catalysed reactions are discussed according to their type, including:
C-C coupling reactions
Trends, generalisations, advantages and disadvantages of ionic liquids for specific reaction types are discussed. In addition, specific processes such as supported ionic liquid phase catalysis, continuous processes using CO2 extraction and nanoparticle catalysis are covered.
This book is an invaluable resource for all those working in catalysis, green chemistry, and advanced synthetic methods, especially advanced level undergraduate and graduate students and those researching or contemplating research in biphasic or multiphasic catalysis using ionic liquids.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-3915-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-3914-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-3915-7
- Series Print ISSN 0920-4652
- Buy this book on publisher's site