About this book
Chlamydia pneumoniae is a bacteria that is most commonly known for causing colds and pneumonia. However, researchers have recently found a link between C. pneumoniae and atherosclerosis, a clogging of the arteries that causes heart attack and stroke. In addition, ongoing research is showing that certain strains may play a role in asthma, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, and arthritis.
This volume, part of the Infectious Agents and Pathogenesis series, is a complete portrait of C. pneumoniae and what is currently known about it.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-306-48741-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-0-306-48487-2
- Online ISBN 978-0-306-48741-5
- Series Print ISSN 1075-1289
- Buy this book on publisher's site