Six-to-One Gets the Job Done: Comments on the Reviews
Responses to Commentaries
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Harshbarger, D. (2006). The evening news and the behavioral blues: Comments on Joseph Wyatt and Donna Midkiff’s Biological Psychiatry: A Practice in Search of a Science, and Stephen Wong’s Behavior Analysis of Psychotic Disorders: Scientific Dead End or Casualty of the Mental Health Political Economy? Behavior and Social Issues, 15, 199–201. https://doi.org/10.5210/bsi.v15i2.392CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Eli Lilly (1998 January). Prozac advertisement. People Magazine, p. 40.Google Scholar
- Forest Pharmaceuticals (2005). Frequently asked questions. New York: Forest Pharmaceuticals. Retrieved December 1, 2005 from https://doi.org/www.celexa.com/elexa/faq.aspx.
- Forest Pharmaceuticals (2005). How Lexapro (escitalopram) works. New York: Forest Pharmaceuticals. Retrieved December 1, 2005 from https://doi.org/www.lexapro.com/english/about_lexapro/how_works.aspx.
- GlaxoSmithKline (2001, October). Paxil advertisement. Newsweek, p. 61.Google Scholar
- Glenmullen, J. (2001). Prozac Backlash: Overcoming the dangers of Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil and other antidepressants with safe, effective alternatives. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- Healy, D. (2004). Let them eat Prozac: The unhealthy relationship between the pharmaceutical companies and depression. New York: New York University.Google Scholar
- Kirsch, I., Moore, T. J. & Scoboria, A. (2002). The emperor’s new drugs: An analysis of anti-depressant medication data submitted to the U. S. Food and Drug Administration. Prevention & Treatment, 5, Article 23. Retrieved July 26, 2004, from https://doi.org/http://journals.apa.org/prevention/volum5/toc-jul15-02.html.
- Kramer, P. (2002, July 7). Fighting the darkness in the mind. The New York Times, Section 4, p. 8.Google Scholar
- Kravitz, R. L., Epstein, R. M., Feldman, M.D., Franz, C. E., Azari, R., Wilks, M. S., Hinton, L. & Franks, P. (2005). Influence of patients’ requests for direct-to-consumer advertised antidepressants. Journal of the American Medical Association, 293, 1995–2002. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.293.16.1995CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Leiberman, J. A., Stroup, T. S., McEvoy, J., Swartz, M., Rosenheck, R. A., Perkins, D. O., Keefe, R. S. E., Davis, S. M., Davis, C. E., Lebowitz, B. D., Severe, J. & Hsiao, J. K. (2005). Effectiveness of antipsychotic drugs in patients with chronic schizophrenia. New England Journal of Medicine, 353, 1209–1223.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pfizer (2004 March). Zoloft advertisement. Burbank (California): NBC.Google Scholar
- Valenstein, E. S. (1998). Blaming the brain: The truth about drugs and mental health. New York: Free Press.Google Scholar
- Wyatt, W. J., Lamal, P. A., Newman, B. & Hobbie, S. A. (1997). Treatment of behavior analysis in five leading introductory psychology textbooks. Monograph published by BALANCE, a Special Interest Group of the Association for Behavior Analysis International.Google Scholar
© W. Joseph Wyatt & Donna M. Midkiff 2006