Electrodeposition of CdS Thin Films at Various pH Values
- 14 Downloads
The effects of pH value on CdS thin films fabricated by using electrodeposition were investigated in detail. The pH values of the final solutions were adjusted between 1 and 5. Aqueous solutions of HCl and NaOH were used to adjust the pH. The reaction rates were changed by the pH due to the fact that the pH affected the rate of release of sulphide from sodium thiosulfate. The structural, optical and morphological properties of the films were analyzed by using X-ray diffraction, Ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy and scanning electron microscopy, respectively. Compact films with good crystallinity were obtained at pH value of 4 and 5.
KeywordsCdS Cadmium sulphide Electrodeposition pH
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. N. Mammadov, A. ShAliyev and M. Elrouby, Int. J. Thin Film Sci. Tech. 1, 43 (2012).Google Scholar
- M. Fathy, A. El-Hady, B. Kashyout, S. Elyamny, G. D. Roston and A. A. Bishara, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 9, 6155 (2014).Google Scholar
- M. Takahashi, S. Hasegawa, M. Watanabe, T. Miyuki, S. Ikeda and K. Iida, Int. J. Appl. Chem. 32, 359 (2002).Google Scholar
- E. O. Okechukwu and D. N. Okoli, J. Mater. Sci. Appl. 1, 282 (2015).Google Scholar
- H. Y. R. Atapattu, D. S. M. De Silva, K. A. S. Pathiratne and I. M. Dharmadasa, J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. 27, 5415 (2016).Google Scholar
- F. Kadrgan, D. Mao, W. Song, T. Ohnoe and B. Mc-Candless, Turk. J. Chem. 24, 21 (2000).Google Scholar