Synthesis and characterization of Co-Zn ferrite nanoparticles for application to magnetic hyperthermia
- First Online:
- 68 Downloads
Co-Zn ferrite nanoparticles have been investigated, aiming at a further improvement of the magnetic hyperthermia properties for bio-medical applications. We precisely tune the magnetic and the thermal properties of CoxZn1−xFe2O4 nanoparticles, prepared by using a high-temperature thermal-decomposition method, by chemically controlling the cation. The structure and the magnetic properties as well as the AC-heating characteristics of the synthesized CoxZn1−xFe2O4 were measured by using X-ray diffraction (XRD), vibrating sample magnetometer, magneTherm device and Mössbauer spectroscopy. The analysis of the XRD patterns confirmed the spinel phase, the crystalline size, and the lattice parameter. The magnetic behavior of Co-Zn ferrite was studied with M-H hysteresis curve measurements at room temperature. Also, the thermal properties were measured under an external applied field of 250 Oe at 112 kHz. In addition, we plasma-treated the samples with magnetic and thermal excellent characteristics for 30 min at room temperature. The cation distribution was investigated with Mössbauer spectroscopy and further analyzed with one sextet for the tetrahedral A site and four six-lines for the octahedral B1, B2, B3, and B4 sites.
KeywordsCo-Zn ferrite Hyperthermia Nanoparticles Mössbauer spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Pradhan, J. Giri, G. Samanta, H. D. Sarma, K. P. Mishra, J. Bellare, R. Banerjee and D. J. Bahadur Biomed. Mater. Res. 81, 12 (2007).Google Scholar
- V. M. Khot, A. B. Salunkhe, N. D. Thorat, M. R. Phadatare and S. H. Pawar, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 332, 48 (2013).Google Scholar
- Q. A. Pankhurst, J. Connolly, S. K. Jones and J. Dobson, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 36, R167 (2003).Google Scholar
- M. Jeun, S. Park, G. H. Jang and K. H. Lee, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 6, 16487 (2014).Google Scholar
- Z. Ding, W. Wang, S. Wu and J. P. Liu, IEEE Trans. Magn. 51, 2004104 (2015).Google Scholar
- H. Choi, S. J. Kim, E. H. Choi and C. S. Kim, IEEE Trans. Magn. 51, 2003604 (2015).Google Scholar