24Mg(p, α)21Na reaction study for spectroscopy of 21Na
- 54 Downloads
The 24Mg(p, α)21Na reaction was measured at the Holifield Radioactive Ion Beam Facility at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in order to better constrain the spins and parities of the energy levels in 21Na for the astrophysically important 17F(α, p)20Ne reaction rate calculation. 31-MeV proton beams from the 25-MV tandem accelerator and enriched 24Mg solid targets were used. Recoiling 4He particles from the 24Mg(p, α)21Na reaction were detected by a highly segmented silicon detector array which measured the yields of 4He particles over a range of angles simultaneously. A new level at 6661 ± 5 keV was observed in the present work. The extracted angular distributions for the first four levels of 21Na and the results from distorted wave Born approximation (DWBA) calculations were compared to verify and extract the angular momentum transfer.
KeywordsNuclear structure Transfer reaction Excitation energies Angular distribution Spectroscopic study DWBA calculation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. S. Kwag, private communications 2014.Google Scholar
- E. J. Lee, private communications 2014.Google Scholar
- H. Schildt, JavaTM 2: The Complete Reference, 4th ed. (McGraw-Hill, Berkeley, 2001.Google Scholar
- http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/chart/.Google Scholar
- P. D. Kunz, http://spot.colorado.edu/ kunz/DWBA.html (unpublished).Google Scholar