Development and performance test of the analysis software for the CRIB active target
- First Online:
- 67 Downloads
Software for genuinely event-by-event analysis and event reconstruction of data obtained by using an active target has been developed in the graphical user interface under the CERN ROOT framework. The primary motivation for developing the software was to provide physicists who perform experiments using an active target a more user-friendly environment for the purpose of investigating the performance of detection systems and obtaining ideas about physics from a large amount of experimental data. To test the performance of the software, we analyzed experimental data from a 16N radioactive ion beam experiment for α-decay measurements. As a result of the analysis, we observed the Bragg curve and measured the range of the 16N RI beam in the detector. Data were calibrated against the calculation after comparing the Bragg curve to the one obtained from an energy loss calculation in P-10 gas. We present a detailed description of the analysis software and its test results.
KeywordsGEM-MSTPC CRIB MSTPC Active target
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- crabat — the CRIB Active Target analyzer, https://github.com/goatface/crabat.
- INTEL(R) Threading Building Blocks, http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/.
- J. Reinders, Intel Threading Building Blocks: Outfitting C++ for Multi-core Processor Parallelism (O’Reilly Media Inc., Sebastopol, 2010).Google Scholar
- G. M. Amdahl, AFIPS Conference Proceedings 30, 483 (1967).Google Scholar
- G. F. Knoll, Radiation Detection and Measurements, 3rd ed. (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, 2000).Google Scholar
- J. F. Ziegler The Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter, http://www.srim.org.
- C. Geuzaine and J.-F. Remacle, Int. J. Numer. Meth. Engng 0, 1 (2009).Google Scholar
- Elmer-Open Source Finite Element Software for Multiphysical Problems, http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer/.
- Magboltz: Transport of Electrons in Gas Mixtures, http://consult.cern.ch/writeup/magboltz/.