Measurement of RF characteristics for Superconducting Quarter-wave Resonator
- 4 Downloads
RF characteristics of unloaded quality factor (Q0) and accelerating electric field (Eacc) were measured for superconducting quarter-wave resonator (QWR) in order to verify the performance. For the accurate measurement of RF characteristics, the measurement method of Q0 based RF power and RF coupling coefficient was used, and the measurement uncertainty was calculated with statistics analysis of systematic error in RF measurement system. The superconducting QWR was designed with a resonant frequency of 101.28 MHz and an accelerating electric field (Eacc) of 6 MV/m at a cavity dissipation power of 10 W in the high-intensity and energy isotope separator online device (HIE-ISOLDE) project at CERN. Q-slopes and RF coupling coefficients were measured for three QWRs at the resonant frequency 101.28 MHz. Q0 values of QWRs were measured 4.55 × 108, 3.78 × 108 and 3.17 × 108 at the 6 MV/m, respectively, and the measurement uncertainty of Q0 and Eacc were calculated 2.92% and 3.32%. Performances of superconducting QWRs were acceptable to operate the beam acceleration with consideration of cryomodule capacity in HIEISOLDE project.
KeywordsRF measurement Quarter-wave resonator Superconducting Quality factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the Radiation Technology R&D program through the National Research Foundation of Korea funded by the Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning (2017M2A2A4A02020347).
- M. A. Fraser et al., in Proceedings of SRF2009 (Berlin, Germany, 2009).Google Scholar
- H. Padamsee, RF Superconductivity for Accelerators (Wiley-VCH2008, 2008).Google Scholar
- T. Powers, in Proceedings of 12th International Workshop on RF Superconductivity, SRF2005 (New York, USA 40–70, 2005).Google Scholar
- J. A. Rodriguez et al., in Proceedings of IPAC2016 (Busan, Korea, 2016), p. 2045.Google Scholar
- Y. Kadi et al., HIE-ISOLDE, Technical Design Report for the Energy Upgrade, CERN, 2018.Google Scholar
- L. Lista, Statistical Methods for Data Analysis in Particle Physics (Springer, 2017).Google Scholar
- T. P. Wangler, RF Linear Accelerators (Wiley, 2008).Google Scholar
- P. Zhang et al., in Proceedings of SRF2013 (Paris, France, 2013).Google Scholar
- Hewlett-Packard, 8591A Portable Spectrum Analyzer Service Manual, USA, 1990.Google Scholar
- L. Alberty et al., in Proceedings of SRF2013 (Paris, France, 2013).Google Scholar
- A. Sublet et al., in Proceedings of IPAC2014 (Dresden, Germany, 2014).Google Scholar
- A. Sublet et al., in Proceedings of IPAC2015 (Richmond, VA, USA, 2015).Google Scholar
- H. Padamsee, in Proceedings of CAS-CERN Accelerator School: Superconductivity for Accelerators (Erice, Italy, 2015), p. 141.Google Scholar
- W. V. Delsolaro et al., in Proceedings of LINAC2014 (Geneva, Switzerland, 2014).Google Scholar
- N. Guillotin et al., IOP Conf. Ser.-Mat. Sci. 278, 012121 (2017).Google Scholar