Double-Running Inflaton Mass for a Flat Potential and Assisted Hilltop Inflation
- 4 Downloads
We propose a scenario to flatten the inflaton potential for a small-field slow-roll inflation from the origin. In the scenario, the inflaton mass-square goes through a renormalization group running that depends on not only inflaton field but also an assisting field. Thanks to the assisting field participating in the running, the initial condition for a slow-roll inflation can be set naturally, and the inflaton potential can be flattened by the vacuum expectation value of the field. Applying this idea, we propose a scenario of inflation, dubbed here as assisted hilltop inflation, which is free from the initial condition and the flatness problems of inflation.
KeywordsInflation Supersymmetry Supergravity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The author thanks Gabriela Barenboim and Jinsu Kim for fruitful discussions at the early stage of this work. This work is supported by research funds for newly appointed professors of Jeonbuk National University in 2017, and by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (No. 2017R1D1A1B 06035959).
- V. F. Mukhanov and G. V. Chibisov, Sov. Phys. JETP 56, 258 (1982).Google Scholar
- J. McDonald, arXiv:1407.7471 [hep-ph].Google Scholar
- T. Li, Z. Li and D. V. Nanopoulos, arXiv:1409.3267 [hepth].Google Scholar
- C. D. Carone, J. Erlich, A. Sensharma and Z. Wang, arXiv:1410.2593 [hep-ph].Google Scholar
- G. Barenboim and W. I. Park, arXiv:1504.02080 [astroph. CO].Google Scholar