Development of the Full Package of Gyrotron Simulation Code
- 19 Downloads
A complete code-package for gyrotron simulation to analyze its performance is under development in UNIST, Korea. We first time report the present status of the code-package named as UNIST Gyrotron Design Tool (UGDT). It can perform design simulations for gyrotron’s interaction cavity, RF window, and the essential mode calculations including the study of mode competition. We will discuss about its salient features, theory, numerical implementation, and its calculation result for 95 GHz UNIST Gyrotron. Moreover, we will validate its capability to perform the mode competition calculation for fundamental and second harmonic modes.
KeywordsGyrotron Gyrotron design code Harmonic operation Mode competition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. V. Kartikeyan, E. Borie and M. Thumm, Gyrotrons: high-power microwave and millimeter wave technology (Springer Science & Business Media, 2013).Google Scholar
- G. S. Nusinovich, Introduction to the Physics of Gyrotrons (JHU Press, 2004).Google Scholar
- S. Kern, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe FZKA, 5837 (1996).Google Scholar
- S. Alberti, T. Tran, K. Avramides, F. Li and J-P. Hogge, in 36th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz) (2011).Google Scholar
- J. Neilson, in Joint 29th International Conference on Infrared and Millimeter Waves and 12th International Conference on Terahertz Electronics (2004).Google Scholar