Frequency-Modulated Pulse-Amplification Method for Reducing Pulse Shape Distortion
- 13 Downloads
To reduce the laser pulse shape distortion accompanying the amplification process and achieve an intended output pulse shape in the Nd:YAG amplifier chain, we propose a frequency-modulated pulse-amplification method. Assuming carrier-frequency-modulated seed pulses, we numerically simulate the pulse amplification in an Nd:YAG amplifier chain where severe distortion occurs. For the calculation, we develop a modified Frantz-Nodvik equation, which enables two inputs with different carrier frequencies. The simulation results indicate that the temporal contrast of the seed pulse needed to obtain a flat output pulse shape is reduced by 16 - 25 dB when frequency modulation is applied.
KeywordsPulse shaping Pulse distortion Nd:YAG Frequency modulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- https://photonics.ixblue.com/products-list/intensity-m odulators (citing date: 5 Jun 2018).Google Scholar
- https://www.jenoptik.com/products/optoelectronic-sys tems/light-modulation/integrated-optical-modulators-fi ber-coupled/amplitude-modulator (citing date: 5 Jun 2018).Google Scholar
- https://photonics.ixblue.com/products-list-detail/modbox-laser-front-end (citing date: 24 Jul 2018).Google Scholar
- D. Park, J. Jeong and T. J. Yu, ArXiv:1805.01235 [Physics Optics].Google Scholar
- J-C. Diels and W. Rudolph, Ultrashort Laser Pulse Phenomena: Fundamentals, Techniques and Applications on a Femtosecond Time Scale, 2nd ed. (Elsevier/Academic Press, 2006), Chap. 3.2.2, p. 156.Google Scholar