The antiferromagnetic cross-coupled spin ladder: Quantum fidelity and tensor networks approach
- 73 Downloads
We investigate the phase diagram of the cross-coupled Heisenberg spin ladder with antiferromagnetic couplings. For this model, the results for the existence of the columnar dimer phase, which was predicted on the basis of weak coupling field theory renormalization group arguments, have been conflicting. The numerical work on this model has been based on various approaches, including exact diagonalization, series expansions and density-matrix renormalization group calculations. Using the recently-developed tensor network states and groundstate fidelity approach for quantum spin ladders, we find no evidence for the existence of the columnar dimer phase. We also provide an argument based on the symmetry of the Hamiltonian, which suggests that the phase diagram for antiferromagnetic couplings consists of a single line separating the rung-singlet and the Haldane phases.
KeywordsSpin ladder Quantum phase transition Tensor networks Fidelity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- See, e.g., reviews on various aspects in Frustrated Spin Systems, edited by H. T. Diep (World Scientific, Singapore, 2005); Quantum Magnetism, edited by U. Schollwöck, J. Richter, D. J. J. Farnell and R. F. Bishop, Lect. Notes Phys. 645 (Springer, Berlin, 2004).Google Scholar
- For reviews, see, e.g., E. M. Dagotto and T. M. Rice, Science 271, 618 (1996)Google Scholar
- For a recent review, see R. Orús, Annals of Physics 349, 117 (2014).Google Scholar
- H.-T. Wang, S. Y. Cho and M. T. Batchelor, arXiv:1508.01316.Google Scholar
- F. Verstraete and J. I. Cirac, arXiv:cond-mat/0407066.Google Scholar