Development of a cold-neutron reflectometer (CN REF-V) at the HANARO
- 57 Downloads
A new neutron reflectometer, CN REF-V, has been installed in the cold-neutron laboratory building at the HANARO, a research reactor in Korea. The instrument has a vertical scattering plane and uses a constant wavelength of λ = 4.7535 Å, and it is monochromated by using pyrolytic graphite (PG) crystals. Its measurable minimum reflectivity and maximum momentum transfer for typical solid films are 10-8 and 0.3 Å-1, respectively. A liquid-nitrogen-cooled beryllium filter is used to remove λ/2 contamination due to the PG (002) crystals. With a gold wire activation analysis method, the neutron flux at its sample position was measured and found to be 5.67 × 105 neutrons/cm2 /s. Reflectivity measurements of thin films were successfully carried out with the instrument. A detailed characterization of the instrument and the results of the reflectivity measurements are described.
KeywordsCold-neutron Neutron reflectometer HANARO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. F. Majkrzak, Acta Physica Polonica A 96,81(1999).Google Scholar
- M. R. Fitzsimmons and R. Pynn, ICANS-XIII 13th Meeting of the International Collaboration on Advanced Neutron Sources (Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland, October 11-14, 1995).Google Scholar
- M. Adib, N. Habib, M. S. El-Mesiry, and M. Fathallah, Proceeding of 8th Conference on Nuclear and Particle Physics (Hurghada, Egypt, 20-24 Nov. 2011).Google Scholar
- N. Habib, J. Nucl. Rad. Phys. 1,137(2006).Google Scholar
- G. F. Knoll, Radiation Detection and Measurement (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1979).Google Scholar
- B. Hammouda, Probing Nanoscale Structures-The SANS Toolbox (National Institute of Science and Technology( NIST), Gaithersburg, MD. USA, 2011).Google Scholar
- J. S. Lee, New Physics 63,457(2013).Google Scholar
- J. S. Lee, K. Y. Kim and J. S. Koo, New Physics 62,1112(2012).Google Scholar
- J. S. Lee, S. J. Jo, B. H. Choi, G. P. Hong, G. N. Park and C. H. Lee, New Physics 46,52(2003).Google Scholar
- J. S. Lee, New Physics 63,783(2013).Google Scholar
- C. Braun, Parratt32 program for reflectivity fitting (Hahn-Meitner Institute, Berlin, 1999).Google Scholar