Symmetry energy studies in the chiral soliton model
- 28 Downloads
We have studied the symmetry energy contribution to the binding energy per nucleon. The modifications of symmetry energy are performed in the framework of the in-medium modified chiral soliton model. The model incorporates the isospin symmetry breaking effects in the mesonic sector and reproduces the corresponding isospin breaking effects in the baryonic sector. Furthermore, the isospin breaking effects in the baryonic sector have been related to the nuclear symmetry energy.
KeywordsSkyrmions Protons and neutrons Asymmetric matter Symmetry energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hereafter, an asterisk in an expression indicates the explicit medium modification.Google Scholar
- In principle, one can consider the spin rotation where the sign of a* will be the same as the sign of Ω3. However, that will not affect the final results.Google Scholar
- Note, that the authors of Refs. 11 and 12 considered only one of the possible ways.Google Scholar
- See Eq. (17) in the next section, where one of the relative signs in Eq. (12) reproduces the wrong sign of the symmetry energy coefficient a S(λ) during the numerical calculations.Google Scholar
- Note that m* n,p, in general, depend on both the isoscalar ρ and the isovector δρ densitiees.Google Scholar
- T. Ericson and W. Weise, Pions and Nuclei (Clarendon, Oxford, 1988).Google Scholar