Some issues in programming multi-mini-processors
Session I Address
- 138 Downloads
Large computer systems, called multi-mini-processors, can be constructed by joining together many minicomputers. Two such systems are described, and seven issues encountered in the programming of such systems are discussed.
KeywordsKnowledge Source Address Space Large Computer Primary Memory Address Translation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Fuller, S. H.,Swan, R. J., &Wulf, W. A. The instrumentation of Cmmp: A multi-mini-processor.Proceedings of COMPON 73, New York, New York. March 1973. Pp. 173–176.Google Scholar
- Heart, F. E.,Ornstein, S. M.,Crowther, W. R., &Barker, W. B. A new minicomputer/multiprocessor for the ARPA network.Proceedings ot the National Computer Conference, 1973. 529–537.Google Scholar
- Lesser, V. R.,Fennell, R. D.,Erman, L. D., &Reddy, D. R. Organization of the HEARSAY II speech understanding system.Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Speech Recognition, April 1974. Pp. 11–21.Google Scholar
- Newell, A.,Freeman, P.,McCracken, D., &Robertson, G. The Kernel approach to building software systems.Computer Science Research Review, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1970–71.Google Scholar
- Newell, A., Barnett, J., Forgie, J., Green, C., Klatt, D., Licklider, J. C. R., Munson, J., Reddy, R., & Woods, W.Speech understanding systems Final report of a study group. Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1973Google Scholar
- Robertson, G.,Newell, A., &McCracken, D. On doing software experiments.Computer Science Research Review, Carnegie-Mellon University. 1973–74.Google Scholar
- Wulf, W. A.,Habermann, A. N., &Russell, D. BLISS: A language for systems programming.Communications of the ACM, December 1971. (See also: BLISS-11 programmer’s manual. DEC, December 1972.)Google Scholar
- Wulf, W. A., &Bell, C. G. Cmmp—A multi-mini-processor.Proceedings AFIPS, 1972, FJCC, Vol 41, AFIPS Press, 765–777.Google Scholar
- Wulf, W.,Cohen, E.,Corwin, W.,Jones, A.,Levin, R.,Pierson, C., &Pollack, F. HYDRA: The Kernel of a multiprocessor operating system.Communications of the ACM, June 1974, 337–345.Google Scholar
© Psychonomic Society, Inc. 1975