Stochastic properties of binocular rivalry alternations
- 634 Downloads
The extent to which binocular rivalry phases are sequentially related was assessed by theν statistic and by autocorrelation. Both measures indicate that the duration of successive phases are independent. The frequency distributions of suppression phases and of nonsuppression phases can be fitted by gamma distributions. These results are consistent with models of the rivalry process that incorporate independence assumptions.
KeywordsGamma Distribution Binocular Vision Binocular Rivalry Outer Contour Suppression Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fox, R. An analysis of the suppression mechanism In binocular rivalry. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Cincinnati. 1963.Google Scholar
- Fox, R. Binocular rivalry: Implications tor fusion and stereopsis. Paper presented at APA symposium on binocular vision, 1966.Google Scholar
- Levett. W. J. M. On binocular rivalry. Institute for Perception RVO-TNO, Soesterberg, the Netherlands, 1965.Google Scholar
- McGill, W. J. Stochastic latency mechanisms. In R. D. Luce, R. R. Bush, & E. Galanter (Eds.), Handbook of mathematical psychology. Vol. 1. New York: Wiley. Pp. 309–360.Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. Binocular rivalry. Unpubllshed doctoral dissertation, University of Cambridge. 1963.Google Scholar