Analysis of the Transmission Spectra of Optical Microcavities Using the Mode Broadening Method
- 2 Downloads
This paper presents an algorithm for processing the transmission spectra of whisperinggallery optical microcavities for use as a nanoparticle detector. The algorithm is based on the broadening of the microcavity resonance curve during precipitation of nanoparticles on the microcavity surface. Experimental results on the detection of particles are compared with Langmuir adsorption theory. The contribution of the instability of the excitation radiation source due to the temperature drift of the resonant frequency to the measurement error is estimated.
Keywordsoptical microcavities optical sensor nanoparticles whispering-gallery modes Langmuir adsorption theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. L. Gorodetskii, Optical Microcavities with Giant Q-Factor (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.J. O. Smith III, Introduction to Digital Filters with Audio Applications (W3K Publishing, 2007).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Samoilenko, G. G. Levin, V. L. Lyaskovsky, et al., “Application of Whispering-Gallery-Mode Optical Microcavities for Detection of Silver Nanoparticles in an Aqueous Medium,” Optika and Spektroskopiya 122 (6), 1037–1039 (2017) [Optics and Spectroscopy 122 (6), 1002–1004 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 11.G. N. Vishnyakov, G. G. Levin, and V. L. Minaev, “Automated Interference Tools of the All-Russian Research Institute for Optical and Physical Measurements,” Avtometriya 53 (5), 131–138 (2017) [Optoelektron., Instrum. Data Process. 53 (5), 530–536 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 12.Center for Collective Use of High-Precision Measurement Technologies in the Field of Photonics. http://www.ckp.vniiofi.ru.Google Scholar