Generation of Dynamic Scenes for Testing Infrared Imaging Systems in the Far Infrared Range
- 2 Downloads
An important aspect of the development of specialized test rigs for monitoring and estimating information system parameters is the use of devices for test field generation. Simulation rigs based on micromirror modulators capable of real-time generation of dynamic (tunable) images are considered in the present study. For such modulators to be used in the long-wave infrared range of the spectrum, they are upgraded by means of replacement of usual protective glasses by materials that are transparent in the infrared range up to the wavelength of 14 μm. Structural features of the test rigs are considered on the basis of the description of micromirror modulators in the form of echelettes (diffraction gratings with a saw-tooth shape of the grooves). Experimental results are presented. The ability of upgraded modulators to operate within infrared simulation rigs is demonstrated. Such devices offer certain prospects for the development of advanced systems for monitoring and dynamic testing of infrared photodetectors.
Keywordsdevice for generation of infrared images micromirror modulator DLP DMD modulator echelette orders of the diffraction grating spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Galyantich, I. S. Gibin, V. V. Zolotsev, et al., “Experimental Studies of Infrared Detector Photoarrays for Detection of Small Objects,” Avtometriya 48 (1), 95–102 (2012) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 48 (1), 81–86 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Dem’yanenko, A. I. Kozlov, A. R. Novoselov, and V. N. Ovsyuk, “Uncooled Microbolometer Mosaic Focal Plane Arrays for the Infrared and Terahertz Ranges,” Avtometriya 52 (2), 115–123 (2016) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 52 (2), 203–209 (2016)].Google Scholar
- 3.I. S. Gibin, G. V. Kolesnikov, and E. S. Nezhevenko, “Analysis of Dynamic Scene Generation Schemes in Testing of Infrared Imaging Systems,” Avtometriya 47 (6), 34–38 (2011) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 47 (6), 552–555 (2011)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Kurt, M. Yu. Voronko, and D. Yu. Vasil’ev, “Test Rig on the Basis of a Micromirror Array for Measuring the Parameters of Optoelectronic Systems Operating in the Infrared Spectral Range,” in Proc. XXIV Intern. Conf. and Workshop on Photoelectronics and Night Vision Devices (Orion, Moscow, 2016), pp. 268–270.Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Gibin, V. I. Kozik, and E. S. Nezhevenko, “Experimental Study of a Model System of Dynamic Scene Generation for Testing Infrared Imaging Systems,” Avtometriya 49 (1), 80–85 (2013) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 49 (1), 67–71 (2013)].Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Malyshev, Introduction into Experimental Spectroscopy (Nauka, Moscow, 1979).Google Scholar